Translate

Saturday 6 August 2016

The Book of Judith Chapter 2


The Book of Judith

 Chapter 





1.In the eighteenth year, on the twenty-second day of the first month, there was talk in the palace of Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Assyrians, about carrying out his revenge on the whole region, just as he had said.




(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verse 1)





Oh God, my Father, we are to be careful in what we believe to be the truth. Many people say this and that about others but this is not always the truth. Therefore in such situations oh God my Father, we are faced with two options, either not mingling about with people who gossip, and the second that of being cautious with our anti-negativity filter activated so that our souls will be protected from such social poison Amen.



2. He summoned all his ministers and all his nobles and set before them his secret plan and recounted fully, with his own lips all the wickedness of the region. 3. They decided that every one who had not obeyed his command should be destroyed.




(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 2 to 3)




Oh God my Father, evil breeds evil, and when the evil spirit takes control of our thinking, and behaviour we become worse than animals and as a consequence a lot of bloodshed results. As in the case of Adolf Hitler who was determined to exterminate Your people in the death camps, however even though the odds were against them and many died, You permitted the allies to bring the dreaded process to an end and Hitler and his forces of evil were stopped from continuing their reign of terror. Amen. 



4. When he had completed his plan, Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Assyrians, called Holofernes, the chief general, second only to himself, and said to him, 5. "Thus says the Great King, the lord of the whole earth; Leave my presence and take with you men confident in their strength, one hundred twenty thousand foot soldiers and twelve thousand cavalry. 6. March out against all the land to the west because they have disobeyed my orders.



(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 4 to 6)



Oh God, my Father evil is never satisfied with doing evil. The desire for more power and bloodshed is always a top priority. The conquest of the whole earth if possible, is imperative. Throughout history there were many who tried to play the role of God as world conquerors, however, in the end, their reign of terror came to an end, Oh God You who have control over the whole world, save us from such people whose aim is to dominate the whole word Amen. Unleash Your forces against such people or monsters who are not worthy of being called humans, because their desire is to destroy humans such as themselves.



7. Tell them to prepare earth and water, for I am coming against them in my anger, and will cover the whole face of the earth with the feet of my troops, to whom I will hand them over to be plundered. 8. Their wounded shall fill their ravines and gullies, and the swelling river shall be filled with their dead.




(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 7 to 8)



Oh God my Father if the king of the earth gave such a warning to his enemies to be prepared, how much more are we to be prepared for Your second coming that will be mightier and more powerful than the anger and power of such king Amen. Therefore we are to always be prepared by being on guard over our sinful selves especially in our relations with others by whom we may be tested for our own spiritual growth and development according to Your will my God and Father. Amen.



9. I will lead them away captive to the ends of the whole earth. 10. You shall go and seize all their territory for me in advance. They must yield themselves to you, and you shall hold them for me until the day of their punishment.




(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 9 to 10)


Oh God my Father may Your will be done some people are forced to leave their land of origin and this is taken by others, however, both the conquered and the conqueror are under Your control. Amen.



11. But to those who resist show no mercy, but hand them over to slaughter and plunder throughout your whole region 12. For as I live, and by the power of my kingdom, what I have spoken I will accomplish by my own hand. 13. And you-take care not to transgress and any of your lord's commands, but carry them out exactly as I have ordered you; do it without delay."




(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 11 to 13)




Oh God, my Father, You are all love and mercy, however not all of us respond to that love. For some reason, some show resistance and refuse to accept You as their God and Father. I pray that we all become humble enough to accept You as our Lord and God Amen.






14. So Holofernes left the presence of his lord, and summoned all the commanders, generals, and officers of the Assyrian army. 15. He mustered the picked troops by divisions as his lord had ordered him to do, one hundred twenty thousand of them together with twelve thousand archers on horseback, 16. and he organized them as a great army is marshalled for a campaign. 17. He took along a vast number of camels and donkeys and mules for transport, and innumerable sheep and oxen and goats for food; 18. also ample rations for everyone, and a huge amount of gold and silver from the royal palace. 



(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 14 to 18)




Oh God, my Father how nice it would be if we obeyed You as much as we obeyed our human supervisors, managers or other superiors. As soon as Holofernes received his orders he instantly responded to the call of his master. I pray that we respond with the same fervour that leads us to positive action Amen. 





19. Then he set out with his whole army, to go ahead of King Nebuchadnezzar and to cover the whole face of the earth to the west with their chariots and cavalry and picked foot soldiers. 20. Along with them went a mixed crowd like a swarm of locusts like the dust of the earth-a multitude that could not be counted.



(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 19 to 20)



Oh God my Father as Catholics, Christians, Roman Catholics, regardless of our label, we are also to spread the message of the 'Good News' We are to spread out in our circles and spread the Word to the ends of the world, wherever we may be. If we are ashamed of doing so, God can enable the rocks and all nature to do so and then we would really feel ashamed for having done so. Today God my Father is calling us to do this noble task of spreading His Word in all the environments where we inhabit Amen.





21. They marched for three days from the Nineveh to the plain of Bectileth, and camped opposite Bectileth near the mountain that is to the north of Upper Cilicia.



(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verse 21)




Oh God, my Father I pray that in all our plans we always have You in them. You are our mountain the rock of our Salvation. If You are not in our plans, they are weak and prone to fail, however, if our plans are based on You and Your will although we may face opposition our plans will not fail because they are based according to Your will.  





22. From there Holofernes took his whole army, the infantry, cavalry, and chariots, and went up into the hill country.  23. He ravaged Put and Lud, and plundered all the Rassisites and the Ishmaelites on the border of the desert, south of the country of the Chelleans. 24. Then he followed the Euphrates and passed through Mesopotamia and destroyed all the fortified towns along the brook Abron, as far as the sea. 25. He also seized the territory of Cillicia, and killed everyone who resisted him. Then he came to the southern borders of Japheth, facing Arabia. 26. He surrounded all the Midianites, and burned their tents and plundered their sheep folds. 27. Then he went down into the plain of Damascus during the wheat harvest and burned all their fields and destroyed their flocks and herds and sacked their towns and ravaged their lands and put all their young men to the sword.






(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 22 to 27)



Oh God, my Father, we are so fragile. When I leave the doors of my defences unguarded the enemy moves in with all his evil forces and wreaks havoc. I am currently under siege with the forces of evil who are trying to launch an attack on my spirit and on my mind. I pray for Your protection because at times I feel sad and depressed and start thinking negative about myself. When the enemy makes me feel angry by means of the stressors at work and at home I experience a negative change in myself, for my negative side takes over. I become as strong as a hundred men and very aggressive if challenged I can take on anybody. I pray that You protect me from my evil and negative self. I thank You for the link that You gave me during confession I pray that You make it possible for me to meet this father and start therapy and support to manage my anger issues. The war is not over yet. I never give up because I have you by my side.





28. So fear and dread of him fell upon all the people who lived along the sea coast, at Sidon and Tyre, and those who lived in Sur and Ocina and all who lived in Jamnia. Those who lived in Jamnia. Those who lived in Azotus and Ascalon feared him greatly.





(Book of Judith Chapter 2 verses 22 to 27)





Oh, God my Father throughout the course of history there have been many whose very name or image was enough to strike terror into the hearts of humanity and may we never experience such people again. I pray that You erase plans for world domination or nuclear wars from the minds of world leaders and or politicians or members of the Senate and may we have peace, and love, that is until the time comes for Your second visit according to Your will Amen




I invite you to click on the following link and join me in the following song which is also a prayer:-




God Make me a channel of Your peace





Oh God my Father I would like to end this second chapter of the book of Judith with the following prayer:-





Oh God, my Father You promised us a peace that the world cannot either give or understand. Your peace does not stop at the 24th of December and then becomes war and hatred after Christmas. I pray that we all experience this love and peace, for when we do so we become addicted to You and would start craving for more of You Amen. 














 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment